Vista V2 includes a CLI (Command Line Interface) window that provides familiar keypad syntax for selecting fixtures, setting intensities and storing cues. The CLI appears at the bottom of the main editor window and is completely synchronized with the interface so that when you type a command you see the equivalent action happen on the fixture icons and control palettes
The CLI accepts input from your keyboard or from a suitable USB keypad. The CLI window can be left open at all time and will only accept input when the keyboard or keypad is not being used by another window.
Using the CLI
- You can open and close the command line by clicking View -> Command Line.
You can use the keyboard number keys or a separate keypad when the CLI window is showing. The ‘Num lock’ key should be on and in addition to the number keys the following special keys are available:
|This button…||does this…|
|/||Through (also used in storing cues – see below)|
|* or @||At|
|** or @@||At +Full|
|Backspace||<- Backspace (Clear)|
|S||Store All (Look)|
Selecting fixtures in the CLI.
For simple fixture selections you can just type the fixtures numbers. However you can also select Groups and Fixtures by prefacing the ID numbers with a ‘G’ for Group or ‘F’ for fixture.
- 1 + 5 + 10 Enter selects fixtures 1, 5 and 10
- G1 + F20 Enter selects all the fixtures in group 1 plus fixture 20.
- 1 / 10 – 4 / 6 Enter selects fixtures 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 and 10
Selecting fixtures and setting levels in the CLI
You can also set levels with the keyboard. To simplify operation Vista automatically completes some entries.
For fixture ‘through’ selections leaving off the second number means all higher numbered fixtures will be selected.
For intensities single digits are interpreted as tens (@5 is the same as @ 50). Number.
Setting ‘though’ levels can also fan intensities.
- 1 / 10 @ 50 Enter selects fixtures 1 through 10 and sets them to 50%
- 1 / 10 @ @ selects fixtures 1 through 10 and sets them to 100%
- 1 / 3 @ 20 / 100 Enter selects fixtures 1 through 3 and fans their intensities between 20 and 100% (fixture 1=20%, fixture 2=60%, and fixture 3=100%)
- 10 > @ 9 Enter selects all fixtures 10 and above and sets them to 90%
- 1 @ 05 Enter selects fixture 1 and sets it to 5%.
- 1 @ 5 Enter selects fixture 1 and sets it to 50%.
Storing with the CLI
The Command Line can also be used to store cues and set timing. For example:
- S 100 Enter
Store Look Cue 100 to the open or the most recently used Cuelist.
- S 2 / 10 Enter
Store Look Cuelist 2 Cue 10
- S 5 / 8 T 2/3 Enter
Store Look Cuelist 5 Cue 8 with a 2 second Infade and 3 second outfade time
- P 9 / 1 T 2/3 Enter
Store Part Cuelist 9 Cue 1 with a 2 second Infade and 3 second outfade time.