USB2 functionality has been enabled in software version 1.12 but has been found to be problematic in Vista version 1 consoles when used with USB2 peripherals. This Tech note describes the procedure to disable the USB2 functionality in the version 1 console BIOS so that USB operation can be restored.
This procedure applies to version 1 Vista T4 and T2 consoles, serial numbers up to and including L06XXX but excluding G06XXX.
No parts are required.
Please read all instructions first as some steps must be executed quickly.
- Start the console.
- As the console begins the power up process, hold down the “Del” (Delete) button on the keyboard until the CMOS menu is displayed.
- Using the up and down arrows, select the “Integrated Peripherals” Menu and press the “Enter” button.
- Using the up and down arrows choose the “USB 2 Controller” Menu and press the “Enter” button.
- Select the “Disable” option and press the “Enter” button.
- Press F10 to exit the menu.
- Select “Y” to save the changes and restart.
The console will now restart and boot normally.