The following procedure should be followed to disable the initialisation of the MIDI hardware on Vista T4 and T2 consoles.
- Power up the console and wait until you get a Byron window.
- Press CTRL+ALT+X to open a terminal window.
- Use the pen to click in the newly created terminal window, so there is a solid black rectangular cursor within it.
- Type “cd /usr/local/sbin[enter]”
- Type “sudo mv superiotool superiotool-disabled[enter]”
- Reboot the console.
The above commands are case sensitive, and all spaces are important.
This procedure will be reversed if an update is applied or the console is re-iso’d.